This Chicken Parmesan is the ultimate comfort food and one of my kids most requested meals. The salty buttery breading is extra crispy and the mayo parmesan mixture compliments it all PERFECTLY. Youll soon be craving this dish after one bite.
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 sleeve of buttery crackers, finely crushed (we use ritz)
- 4 oz (about 1 cup) of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnise (preferrably hellmans)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- a little bit of AP flour
- Preheat the oven to 400
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and garlic powder. In another bowl combine the crackers and 1/2 cup parmesan. In your last bowl mix together the mayo, remaining parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- Evenyl coat the chicken with flour, then dredge it in the egg mixture, and lastly, evenly coat it with the cracker mixture.
- Oil a pan and bring to medium high heat. Place chicken onto the pan and cook each side until golden and crispy.
- Once both sides are crispy, place the chicken onto a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Once they're cooked through take them out of the oven and top each one with the mayo mixture. Put them back in the oven on broil until the mixture is bubbling and golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and ENJOY!